In recent years, the craze for coconut oil for face has reached the US and European countries but this has always been one of the beauty secrets held by those living in tropical areas. There are a number of different ways that coconut oil can be used for a supple, fresh, blemish-free, and younger-looking face.
Homemade beauty products with coconut oil
- Prepare skin serum from coconut oil. Use 1 tablespoon of oil as a base for the serum. Add 1 tablespoon of sweet apricot oil or almond oil. You can also choose to mix in 5 drops of rosehip oil and carrot seed oil plus a couple of drops of avocado oil. Place the mixture in a small glass jar or bottle.
Tips: When using coconut oil for face, you can add more essential oils to this serum or use it as prepared. Use a few drops of this serum and apply on the face for moisture and hydration.
- You can also use coconut oil for face in the form of a soothing mask which is especially useful for inflamed or itchy skin. This mask can help moisturize the skin and helps control acne breakouts.
How to make: Mix together ½ cup coconut cream with 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel or honey. In another container, mix a ½ cup of chamomile and 3 tablespoons of oatmeal. This latter mixture should be strained after a couple of minutes, with the liquid added into the coconut oil mixture. Mix well and freeze for 15 to 20 minutes. Apply the cool mixture on the face, allowing it to stay until it dries. Wash off thoroughly.
- It is very easy to prepare this moisturizing mask from 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of honey. You can also add a ½ teaspoon of avocado oil. In a separate container, mash half a fruit, be it sweet potato, carrot, banana, or avocado. Pour the oil mixture into the mashed fruit. Mix well.
How to: Apply the fresh mixture unto the face and leave on for up to 20 minutes. Rinse thoroughly. Great for those with dry or ageing skin, the mask provides moisturizing benefits. For mature skin, you can also add a few drops of rose oil into the mixture.
- To prepare facial wash from coconut oil, mix together 2 drops of neem or lavender oil and 3 drops tea tree oil with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. You can also add 1 teaspoon of honey and lemon juice.
Tips: Use the freshly prepared mixture of coconut oil for face the way you would use your regular cleanser. Allow it to stay for about 1 minute before washing off thoroughly. The mixture is great for healing acne scars and controlling acne outbreaks volt.
- Using 1 tablespoon of coconut oil as the base, create a mixture with a ½ teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of brown sugar, and 1 tablespoon of honey. Mix well and let stand for a couple of minutes.
How to: Apply this coconut oil scrub unto the face, taking care to use circular motions in a gentle manner. Allow this to stay on the face for several minutes before washing off thoroughly. This mixture is great for moisturizing the face while also exfoliating dead skin cells.
As you can see, it is very easy to prepare various beauty products using coconut oil for face. Made from natural ingredients, these won’t introduce harsh chemicals to the skin. Just make sure not to rub the face but to simply pat it dry with a towel after washing off these coconut oil mixtures.